Sunday, November 15, 2015

Fall in Gainesville

This is officially the first educatedandsophisticated post! I'm so excited for this blog to finally get started because I've had the idea forever. Before I explain my outfit, let me introduce myself. I'm Crystal, a freshman at the University of Florida, studying Marketing with a minor in Retail (for now). I created this blog because I felt like black college women, especially those at PWIs should be able to have a space to express themselves and get advice and feedback from other black college women. Of course, there were many websites for college women, but none that were specifically for black women. Using this blog, I want to talk about everything from new fashion and makeup ideas, to #BlackLivesMatter and the upcoming Presidential Election, and its important that every other black woman feels safe to express their ideas as well. There's absolutely no judgment on this website, so please-- state your opinions! It's important not to feel silenced as a black woman. Anyway, enough of my self-righteousness, and onto the good stuff-- fashion!

Its the middle of November, and it's finally starting to feel like fall, so I had to take advantage! Today I'm definitely embracing my neutrals, with an all-black base. Tank top, jeans, and my favorite boots. Combined with my olive green lightweight bomber and nude purse, it's the perfect ensemble for great weather in the high sixties. Unfortunately, the freshman 15 has started to strike (the freshman seven, for now), but the monochromatism of my base pieces pull me together and draw the eye down so you can barely tell, and the two statement pieces in neutral colors make for the perfect fall outfit! Added a a couple accessories for a put-together look. Hope you like it! Happy Fall!

Tank-Forever 21
Jeans- American Apparel
Boots- ShoeDazzle
Jacket- ASOS
Purse- Danielle Nicole

xo -Crys.

No comments:

Post a Comment