Monday, January 4, 2016

Makeup for a Quick Everyday Face in Under 8 Minutes

We all know one girl. No matter where you see her-- the dining hall, class, or the library, her face is always beat to the Gods. Foundation airbrushed, highlight looking like an angel's halo, eyeliner winged to perfection, you get the point. Well. I'm not that girl. I've never been a makeup guru and I'm probably not ever going to be one, but I have managed to figure out an easy morning routine that makes me look alive and dewy without making me look like I'm trying too hard and I've decided to share it with you!

Note- This is NOT a tutorial, (you can count on my girl Niyah for that, check out her youtube channel btw, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRvzxu4nyP8&feature=youtu.be) I'm definitely not qualified to give one and thats the point! This isn't for makeup addicts. Its just some easy steps for a quick morning routine.

Before: Makeup free, freshly washed face, eye bags on fleek, blackheads shining bright.

Step 1: Start with an under eye concealer that is one shade lighter than your skin. I use Covergirl + Olay- The De-Puffer eye concealer, because as you can see, eye bags are an issue for me. Just dab a little on a wedge and apply as needed to your under-eye area. Takes less than a minute!

Step 2: Apply foundation to your whole face, blending carefully with the concealer that you applied to your under-eye area. Be sure to apply lightly enough so that it doesn't look cakey, but heavily enough so that all your problem spots are taken care of. I use Maybelline Dream Liquid Mousse. It is airy enough that it won't look heavy on your face, but thick enough to take away my awful eye bags! Voila! 

Step 3: Add a few quick strokes of bronzer using a thick, fluffy brush to ensure that the end product doesn't look streaky. I use Covergirl truBlend Minerals. Since this is an everyday class look, I don't apply too much, so you may not be able to see the difference dramatically in pictures, but it looks fantastic for selfies in the sun. 

Step 4: My favorite step! Eyes! I use eyeliner, mascara, and a little eyeshadow. I use Benefit- They're Real Push-Up Eyeliner and Mascara. They are my favorite makeup products EVER! Just apply a little liner to your lashline (wings are optional, but are always a yes for me), a touch of eyeshadow, and mascara to make your eyes go from droopy to dazzling! Don't forget to brush through your eyebrows to make sure they're put together as well. I know filling in your eyebrows is really in right now, but every time I do it, I end up looking atrocious, so I opt out. 

And there you have it! Just let your hair down and you're ready to conquer class! 


Note- Except for my eyeliner and mascara, ALL of the products that I used to achieve my simple but sophisticated look are drugstore makeup products, which proves that you don't have to spend a paycheck at Sephora to look bomb. These are just a couple tips for an easy, everyday look. Hope it helps!

xo-Crys.

No comments:

Post a Comment